Purpose & Function
One of the most important gears that a strobist should have. Snoot and Grid is one of the best tool in controlling and shaping light. It helps in preventing the light in spreading and concentrates the light beam from your flash unit/speedlight to a specific part of the subject you are shooting.
- Empty Pringles container
- Color Black Spray Can
- White Glue
- Super Glue
Preparing the Snoot
- Cut the Pringles container according to the desired length of the Snoot.
- Using the Cutter, slice the Pringles cap/cover diagonally into 8 sections.
- Put a generous amount of Super Glue at the top of the Pringles container.
- Immediately attach the container cap and and let the Super Glue dry.
Adding the Grid and finishing
- Using the scissors, cut the straw pieces into segments 2 inches long each.
- Using the white glue and straw, form a honey comb figure that will fit the opening of the Pringles container and secure it in place using the Super Glue.
- Finish it off by painting it with black, let the paint dry for few minutes and your done.
Enjoy your new Snoot with Grid